The rules of the con are also just good rules to live by. Break it down to a couple simple elements:
- Be good to other people.
- Be good to yourself.
That can shorten a heck of a lot of reading if you just remember those things. But, because everyone’s interpretation is different, here are some concrete rules.
- No harassment, bullying, or other detrimental activity of any kind.
- Nothing unsafe is allowed, such as rollerskating through the con or standing on a table.
- No pets or wild animals at the con. (Service dogs OK).
- No fighting at the con; even fake swordfights, unless part of a sanctioned event.
- Avoid roughhousing or rough play; it’s dangerous.
- Avoid 18+ language at events that are not marked 18+.
- Wear shoes at the convention; bare feet pose a liability.
- Don’t break the law. Serious.
- No drugs or underage drinking, even in your own hotel room. We take this seriously; it’s far too easy to “think you can handle it” at a con and realize you can NOT because of the tiredness from being at con. Just don’t do any drugs here, and don’t drink underage.
- No sleeping in convention space; only in hotel rooms.
- REAL weapons are not allowed. For example, no guns, even if you have a permit. The main reason is because someone else might think it’s a toy and aim it at somebody. Even if “nobody else can touch it” it’s just NOT allowed, period.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission or service to anybody for any reason.
- We can change the rules at any time based at OUR best discretion.
- Any report of theft or attempted theft from anywhere such as the vendor room will result in a lifetime ban and you will go to jail, period.
- We can kick anyone out for breaking the rules at any time.
- Our staff have final say at all times.